MERC provides timely, thorough, and professional solutions to technical challenges for a variety of government and industry clients. Our staff has extensive experience in the design of aircraft and vehicle systems, machine component design, aircraft maintenance equipment development, test system development, and ground vehicle testing and analysis.
MERC personnel is experienced in three-dimensional modeling on several CAD software platforms and reverse engineering through the use of coordinate measuring machines (CMM).
With an in-house 3D printer, 3-Axis CNC Milling Center, machining and fabrication resources, and materials test equipment, MERC can build, test, and/or qualify prototypes to a variety of customer specifications.
MERC has performed test data acquisition (DAQ) and processing through the use of data recorders, strain gages, accelerometers, displacement transducers, and thermocouples.
Our mechanical design expertise is demonstrated through the successful completion of projects such as:
- Automated aircraft rework system, a major repair technology improvement for the extraction of F-15 wing fasteners
- C-5 floor panels
- Complete F-15 speed brake test fixture
- F-15 aft fuselage wrap-around work stands
- F-15 vertical stabilizer tools
- Gearhead driver to load 20-mm ammunition into the F-15, F-16, and F-22
- MH-53 flight engineer seat
- Robotic manufacturing and repair system
Browse Our Mechanical Engineering Capabilities
MERC’s staff provides engineering support to combating corrosion on the HH-60G, TH-1H, and UH-1N helicopters. MERC has developed the Corrosion Prevention and Control Program plan for these aircraft and provides a variety of engineering support functions in support of the plan.Learn More